POSITION TITLE: Access and Functional Needs Coordinator
DIVISION: Emergency Management/CSEPP
POSITION GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The CSEPP Access and Functional Needs (AFN) Coordinator is a FEMA-funded contract position and will work directly under the supervision of the CSEPP Manager of DEM. This position will require the candidate to maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance. Travel instate is the course of normal duties. There may also be occasional out-of-state travel and/or overnight travel.
Bachelor’s degree or education and training equivalent to four ( 4) years of college education in business, liberal arts, or any field other than engineering or the hard sciences; and a minimum of two (2) years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Bilingual (Spanish preferred). Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Engage residents, stakeholders, and internal and external audiences in discussions that result in strategies and tactics that improve the overall preparedness activities and behaviors of the
- Work with local, state and federal partners to improve emergency messaging.
- Research current best practices for AFN community outreach and education.
- Coordinate activities with the Kentucky Department of Public Health, LFUCG Global Lex agency, and the CSEPP Public Affairs Group.
- Develop culturally relevant messages for disaster preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Ability to engage diverse populations
- Knowledge of risk and crisis communications theories and concepts
- Carry out tasks with a minimum of supervision
- Compiling reports that can be presented to state and federal officials
- Professional presentation skills
- Working knowledge of emergency management concepts and principles, including NIWS and ICS. Preferred training includes ICS-300, ICS-400, G-191 and G-775 or equivalent military experience.
Salary: Minimum $27/hour with paid holidays and healthcare benefits.
Apply to: Lanni Griffin-Brackensick, CSEPP Manager, Lexington Division of Emergency Management, 115 Cisco Road, Lexington, KY 40515.
Email to: email@example.com