The Lexington Division of Emergency Management is entertaining applications for the following full-time position with the Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program (CSEPP). This position requires some experience in emergency management and general preparedness administration. This position is a limited-time appointment, as the CSEPP program is expected to be complete in 2023.
CSEPP Exercise /Administrative Support Assistant
The CSEPP Exercise/Administrative Support Assistant will work directly under the supervision of the CSEPP Manager of DEM. This position will require the candidate to maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance. Travel in-state is the course of normal duties. There may also be occasional out of state travel and/or overnight travel.
Minimum hourly salary for this position will be 24.00/hour and paid holidays (the same as the LFUCG) and 1 week paid vacation, and include healthcare benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Flex account, on-call differential ($2.50 per day for Monday – Friday and $4.00 per day for weekends and Holidays) and approval for use of their personal vehicle for work related duties (LFUCG will pay mileage directly). Also approval for the candidate to be authorized to drive a city vehicle if needed.
The individual will perform a variety of highly skilled office and administrative duties including but not limited to: Coordinates annual and quarterly exercises including recruiting volunteers, assembling volunteer packets, updating and maintaining exercise-related documentation, order exercise supplies, exercise design, coordinate exercise plans with participating agencies and other miscellaneous coordination issues. Develop After Action Reports (AAR) documents, controller notes, and enter data into Division of Emergency Management database and Federal database. Assist with managing inventory including disposition and recording. Assist the CSEPP Manager with Close-out activities, including but not limited to determining equipment disposition, and recording. Attend all mandated training as set forth by the Kentucky Division of Emergency Management, the Blue Grass Army Depot, and other support agencies.
The CSEPP Exercise / Administrative Support Assistant primary tasks will include:
- Meet with County, State and Army representatives to establish CSEPP exercise goals and objectives.
- Work with County, State and Army representatives and DEM administration to develop appropriate exercise extent of play agreements.
- Recruit and manage volunteer staff.
- Conduct volunteer training.
- Conduct training exercises.
- Assist efforts to populate all relevant databases with agency specific data.
- Working with the health care community to develop plans and training.
- Maintain and update ESF 8 for the EOP.
- Assist CSEPP Manger with closeout activities.
- Ability to carry out tasks with minimal, direct supervision.
- Four years of college in Emergency Management, Public Administration, Organizational Management or other related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail, with good record keeping and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting training.
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders, local, state and federal program advisors.
- Experience in event planning.
- Working knowledge of emergency management concepts and principles, including NIMS and ICS. Preferred training includes ICS-300, ICS-400, G-191, G-775, and National Planner’s Course, or equivalent military training and/or experience.
Relocation expenses are NOT available for this position.
Please email a letter of application and resume to:
Fayette County CSEPP
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.