For the first time since 1939, the University of Kentucky football team will play a Thursday night game on October 15. Kickoff for UK vs. Auburn is 7pm.
For UK students, staff and employees, special parking assignments have been made for Game Day parking.
The Commonwealth Stadium parking lots will be restricted at 7am Thursday. Three lots will be restricted Wednesday night.
Whether you are attending the UK vs. Auburn football game on Thursday, or you work or have plans downtown Thursday afternoon, you will want to be aware of the following traffic impact and information.
- Nicholasville Rd. will have two lanes running North and two lanes running South during the afternoon rush hour. Motorists should expect delays.
- Alumni Dr. between Nicholasville Rd. and Tates Creek Rd. will be restricted to game-day traffic starting at 4:30pm.
- Patrons with parking passes are asked to have their parking pass hanging from their mirror prior to entering the area of the stadium to help with the sorting of the game-day traffic.
- Patrons for the game are reminded that parking in yards and on streets that are permit only parking is prohibited and will be enforced. See RCO 18-129 and 18-114 for details.
- Tates Creek corridor will not be changed but motorists should expect delays due to the amount of vehicles approaching Commonwealth Stadium.
- Due to game-day traffic congestion in the area, the Senior Center will be closed to participants on Thursday.
- For current traffic information on game day follow us on Twitter @lexkypolice or @lexwrecks or visit the Lexington Traffic Management Center’s real time traffic ticker.
- Traffic information will also air on Lexington’s traveler’s radio system, broadcasting on 1620AM. The station also has streaming audio available on the TuneIn network.
For more information about game-day parking, please visit the following UK web page:
UK Thursday Parking Information