Ever been to Walt Disney World and taken a trip on the Tower of Terror? Once you’re in you don’t know if you’re going up, down, sideways, forward or back. It’s a real fright.
Weather wise – This is Tower of Terror Week. Near 50 today, but the low Monday night will be in the -7 – yes, Negative 7 – range, not counting wind chill. Daytime temps wont break freezing until Friday and then the forecast calls for a combination of rain, ice, more rain, more ice. And that’s just the first week in February. No matter who you tune to or read for the latest weather info, it’s important that you check the forecast several times a day and pay attention.
Here’s one source for good weather information and the extended forecast for Lexington: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lexington-ky/40504/daily-weather-forecast/17622_pc
Go to BeReadyLexington.com for more severe weather, extreme cold and winter weather driving tips.
Some things to do today:
1. Clean the windows of your car. While it’s above freezing, clean off headlights, tailights and mirrors. Make sure that you can see out and other drivers can see you.
2. Refill your windshield washer fluid.
3. Check those pipes and leave a drip of water running overnight – especially tomorrow night and later this week.
4. Fill your car’s gas tank. You’ll have better traction.
5. Clean off your driveway, sidewalks and decks. Give today’s sun a fighting chance to melt off what’s there.
Remember, side streets and other roads will have re-frozen overnight. There will be patches of ice and black ice on the roads – and in most cases, where you least expect it. Leave a little early for work tomorrow. Take your time.
Remember that Spring is just 55 days away.