The Lexington Fayette County Health Department reports that COVID-19 cases continue to rise in Lexington, and there are several ways to get vaccinated today!
Lexington reported 225 new cases Thursday, raising the 7-day rolling average to 187 cases per day. We also had 2 new deaths, bringing the total to 331 since the outbreak began.
If you are unvaccinated, get the shot! Free COVID-19 vaccines are also available by same-day appointment every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in our Public Health Clinic at 650 Newtown Pike. Call 859-288-2483 to schedule your appointment.
The health department is offering two free COVID-19 vaccination clinics Friday in partnership with Fayette County Public Schools. Both will feature the Pfizer vaccine for ages 12 years and older.
Walks-in will be accepted, and appointments can be scheduled at http://lfchd.org/vaccine:
Both vaccinated and unvaccinated populations can help slow the outbreak by:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick, especially those with COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, muscle/body aches, loss of taste/smell, nausea, etc.);
- Covering coughs and sneezes;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Wearing a face covering in crowded public areas.
Updated statistics on Lexington’s COVID-19 are reported Mon.-Fri. at http://lfchd.org. #LexDoThis #TeamKentucky