Lexington reported 301 new cases yesterday and 5 new deaths confirmed from August. This puts the 7-day rolling average at 232 cases per day. There have been a total of 42,627 cases and 338 deaths since the pandemic began in March 2020.
How can you help? Get vaxxed, wear masks, spread facts!
First, if you are unvaccinated, get the shot. Being fully vaccinated makes you less likely to catch COVID-19, and if you do end up getting it, it makes you far less likely to have severe symptoms requiring hospitalization. Kentucky’s hospitals are reporting they are reaching full capacity, so the more we can do to ease the burden on our medical providers, the better ALL of Kentucky will be!
Find vaccine information at https://www.lexingtonky.gov/vaccines.
Second, both vaccinated and unvaccinated populations can help slow the outbreak by:
- Wearing a face covering in crowded public areas
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick, especially those with COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, muscle/body aches, loss of taste/smell, nausea, etc.)
- Covering coughs and sneezes
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Finally, please help fight the misinformation about COVID-19, including the vaccine, by spreading facts! Learn more about myths vs. facts at https://www.cdc.gov/coronav…/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html.
Source: Lexington-Fayette County Health Department