Lexington reported 228 new COVID-19 cases Friday, the most reported cases in 1 day since 238 cases on January 27. The city’s 7-day rolling average is up to 144 cases a day. There have been a total of 38,693 cases and 329 deaths since the pandemic began in March 2020.
If you are unvaccinated, get the shot! Free COVID-19 vaccines are also available by same-day appointment every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in our Public Health Clinic at 650 Newtown Pike. Call 859-288-2483 to schedule your appointment.
While there’s still a chance a fully vaccinated person can get COVID-19, symptoms will likely be less severe and the need for hospitalization is much smaller.
Both vaccinated and unvaccinated populations can help slow the outbreak by:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick, especially those with COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, muscle/body aches, loss of taste/smell, nausea, etc.)
- Covering coughs and sneezes
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Wearing a face covering in crowded public areas.