Lexington’s Family Care Center has put together a list of resources for food, supplies and other needs. If you need assistance, you can also call 2-1-1 and the United Way of the Bluegrass can refer you to other agencies for aid.
- God’s Pantry: Call (859)259-2308 during Covid-19. Curbside distribution of food boxes.
- Humana: Basic Needs Food Program. Humana members can receive 14 days of food. Requests must be submitted to the Concierge COVID Line (Member Services number is on the back of the insurance card) by a case manager or agency referral.
- Fayette County Public Schools: Meal distribution Mondays and Wednesdays 11am-12:30pm at the following schools: Arlington, Booker T. Washington, Breckinridge, Bryan Station HS, Cardinal Valley, Clays Mill, Deep Springs, Glendover, James Lane Allen, Julius Marks, Lansdowne, Leestown, Mary Todd, Meadowthorpe, The Academy for Leadership at Millcreek, Northern, Southern, Squires, Tates Creek HS, William Wells Brown, Winburn. Call 2-1-1 for more info.
- Bethel Harvest: Provides food boxes every Thursday from 6pm-8 pm. Location is 3260 Lexington Rd., Nicholasville, KY (just past Brannon Crossing).
Family Care Center: For families with young children, daily sack lunches are provided by Food Chain at the Family Care Center location from 11am-12pm. Location is 1135 Harry Sykes Way, Lexington, KY 40504 and phone number is (859)288-4040.
- Community Action: Supplies are distributed Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1pm and 3pm, by appointment. Location is 913 Georgetown St., Lexington, KY 40511 and phone number is (859)244-2215.
- Family Care Center: Household items and baby care donations available for pick up by appointment to families with young children. Location is 1135 Harry Sykes Way, Lexington, KY 40504 and phone number is (859)288-4040.
- The Nest: Supplies are limited capacity, by-appointment only on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Call in advance (859)259-1974. Location is 530 N. Limestone, Lexington, KY 40508
- New Vista: New Vista offers telehealth therapy. Call the 24-Hour Helpline at 1.800.928.8000. Kentuckians can download the myStrength app for free using the code “seethegood.”
- The Nest: For anyone seeking legal assistance or counseling regarding a domestic violence issue, services are available virtually. Call (859)259-1974.