This post comes to us from our partners at the American Red Cross. You can learn more in the links below or by contacting our local Red Cross chapter.
Did you know that March is Red Cross month? It is one month of the year to take the time to recognize our country’s everyday heroes who give their time to help people in need. The American Red Cross, in addition to supplying about 40 percent of our nation’s blood, also provides shelter, food and emotional support during emergencies and disasters. The Red Cross relies on the heroic efforts of its workers and volunteers to get the job done.
Here’s 5 ways that you can become a hero for the Red Cross:
- Become a Red Cross volunteer. You can be a force and lend a hand in your community.
- Give blood. Help a patient going through a hard time.
- Take a class. Gain information and skills to help out in an emergency.
- Make a plan. Get your family involved and develop a preparedness plan for emergencies.
- Make a financial donation. Your generosity will help those in need.
March is a great month for you to join with other heroes and become a part of the Red Cross. More information on how you can help is available on the Red Cross website.