LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 5, 2021) The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) advises motorists that this advisory is an update for high water and slides. Openings and closures can occur at different times for routes. Water rises and recedes for areas depending on factors including terrain, road location and the amount of rain received. Determining the depth of water over roadways is challenging. The following is the most accurate information available at the time this advisory was sent.
For Wednesday, March 5 as of 7:00 a.m.
- Tyrone Pike/KY 1510 – closed on one side at milepoint 0.431 due to water over the roadway (this location is near Cedar Brook Bridge).
Note: There is high water on the opposite side of the route at this same area.
- Mina Station Road/KY 1028 closed between MP 0.0 and 2.0
- Athens Boonesboro Road/KY 418 closed between MP 4.0 and 5.0
- Red River Road/KY 974 closed between MP 9.0 and 10.0
- Old Richmond Road/KY 2328 closed between MP 0.0 and 0.517 (the Fayette-Madison Co. line and Beach Road)
Note: Beach Road (an LFUCG route) remains open at this time
- Leavell Ridge Road/KY 1971 closed between MP 2.54 and 2.552
- Redhouse Road/KY 388 closed between MP 10.5 and 10.7
- Crooksville Road/KY 499 closed at MP 4.402
- Jacks Creek Road/KY 1156 closed at MP 9.262 (this location is near the bridge at the end where Jacks Creek Road/KY 1156 meets Tates Creek Road/KY 169)
- Crooksville Road/KY499 between MP 1.00 and 1.4
- Tates Creek Road/KY 169 MP 2.2
- Union City Road/KY 1986 MP 1.5
- River Road/KY 2328-MP 1.6 (this location is the Madison-Fayette County line – water is over the road on the Fayette County side with the bridge closed)
- Nest Egg Road/KY 646 one lane on this route is closed at MP 7.44 due to a road slide (this location is near the Clark County line)
- Josephine Road/KY 32 – the road is reduced to one lane at milepoint 18.0 due to a road slide. Traffic lights are in place for vehicle control. It will take two months for repairs to be complete.
- Clifton Road/KY 1964 closed between milepoints 365 and 17.804 (this location is between the intersection with Buck Run Road and Hippe Agee Road)
Routes with high water: water is over the roadway and warning signage is in place
Forecast from the National Weather Service: https://www.weather.gov/lmk/weatherstory