UK HealthCare has temporarily amended its inpatient hospital visitation policy to be proactive in helping protect the health and well-being of patients and health care workers during this flu season. The measures are in effect at all UK HealthCare inpatient units including the University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital, Kentucky Children’s Hospital, UK Good Samaritan Hospital and Eastern State Hospital.
- No visitors under the age of 12 (except in Bone Marrow Transplant unit where no visitors allowed under the age of 18).
- No visitors with any symptoms of flu-like illness.
- Only two visitors will be permitted in a patient’s room at one time.
- Visitors may be issued masks or other protective clothing for use when visiting.
- Additional restrictions may be in place in special care units such as women’s and children’s units, critical care and oncology units.
- Compassionate visitation exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis.