The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for Lexington, starting at 4AM tomorrow.
For more on the forecast, go to the NWS Louisville forecast page.
KYTC District 7 highway crews in Central Kentucky are pre-treating ramps, bridges, overpasses and specific areas today.
The pre-treatment of “salt-brine” helps to melt and prevent ice from forming on road surfaces. The “salt-brine” is a salt water type treatment. This procedure is a low cost pro-active approach to address roadway safety concerns.
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) suggests the following winter driving tips preventative measures:
- Get your car serviced now
- Check your battery
- Check your cooling system
- Fill your washer reservoir
- Check your windshield wipers and defrosters
- Know your car/every vehicle handles differently
- Plan your travel and route/plan ahead
- Stock your vehicle/emergency supplies
- Learn what to do in a winter emergency
For more information about winter weather safety, visit BeReadyLexington.com